So don't forget to celebrate your furry family members with this easy recipe!
Pupcakes Recipe from The Wood House
1 large egg
1 cup shredded carrots
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup honey
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup 1-minute oats
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Mix dry ingredients.
2. Mix wet ingredients.
3. Mix them all together.
4. Fill each cupcake tin 2/3 full I chose to bake without liners so that I would not have to remember to remove them before Harrison devoured the pupcake.
5. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
6. Choose your favorite icing tip and use peanut butter to frost your pupcakes.
7. Share with your furry buddy and all their friends!
Homemade Bones recipe from You Bake 'Em Dog Biscuits Cookbook by Janine Adams
You can always use Milkbone treats to top the pupcakes but these are easy to whip out too!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup oat bran
1 cup milk
1/2 cup peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine the dry ingredients. In a food processor, combine milk and peanut butter and process to liquefy. Add the egg and process until mixed in. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and stir into dough.
3. Put the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll to 1/4 inch thickness. Use cookie cutters to cut into your desired shape I used my small bone cookie cutter!
4. Place biscuits on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes.
5. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container that is those that aren't used on the pupcakes!
Pupcakes ready to be enjoyed by our furry friends
Really Mom? You are going to hold that in front of me? What a tease!!
Happy Gotcha Day Harrison!
Fritz and Ruger enjoying their treats
Georgia & Dixie
Sweet Maggie enjoying her pupcake
Finally remembered to catch Harrison on video enjoying his pupcake!
Not Pictured: Max & Aubie, Sebastian & Penny, and sweet Ana
Happy National Puppy Day to all of our sweet fur babies!