1 medium sized spaghetti squash
1 tablespoon butter
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cups milk I actually used Almond Milk
1 tablespoon cream cheese
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus 2 tablespoons extra for topping
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
Crushed red pepper flakes and fresh parsley for optional garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Prep the squash, cut spaghetti squash in half, scoop out the seeds and place cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet covered with water. Bake about an hour, until tender.
3. Once squash is cooked, use a fork to gently scrape the "spaghetti" strands in the center.
4. For the sauce, melt the butter in a small pot over medium heat. Once hot, add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
5. Whisk in flour, cooking for another minute while stirring.
6. Whisk in milk, until no lumps remain. Once hot, add cream cheese and stir until smooth.
7. Remove from heat, stir in Parmesan, salt and pepper.
8. Spoon sauce equally into each spaghetti squash half. Pull up spaghetti strands to evenly cost as much as possible with the sauce.
9. Top with extra Parmesan and place under broiler of oven for 2-3 minutes, until golden and bubbly.
10. Top each half with red pepper flakes and parsley if desired.
11. Serve hot.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad