Here we go!
Ingredients for Cake
1 box white mix
1 box chocolate mix
Green Food Coloring
1. Make up each batter from the mix and divide into four bowls: 1)White Batter, 2)White Batter with green food coloring and a dash of chocolate batter, 3)Equal parts chocolate and white batter, and 4) Chocolate batter.
2. Mix the batters until you get the colors you want (you may have more chocolate batter than the rest) This can be used for a few extra plain chocolate cupcakes!
3. Line a cupcake tin with paper liners.
4. I put each of the four batters into separate Ziploc bags (use pastry bags if you have them). If you use Ziploc bags cut one corner of each bag. Drop a blob into each wrapper until the wrappers are 3/4 of the way full.
5. Bake according to the directions on the box.
6. Once the cupcakes are done, cool completely.
Here are a few in process shots!
Ingredients for Frosting
3 cups Powdered Sugar
1 cup Salted Butter (2 sticks)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Dash of Heavy Whipping Cream
Green Food Coloring
1. Soften butter. Mix it with a handheld mixer for about 30 seconds.
2. Slowly incorporate the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time. Once the powdered sugar is incorporated, turn your mixer on a high setting and whip the mixture for about 3 minutes.
3. Scrape down the sides and bottom of your bowl, and add the vanilla. Whip it another minute. Add a small dash of cream, whip for another minute.
4. Divide the icing into 3 bowls. 1)Keep this batch ivory, 2)Add a little bit of green food coloring and a little bit of cocoa powder, and 3)Add cocoa powder until it is the desired color brown.
Remember when using a tip to frost your cupcakes you might want to increase the recipe to about 1.5x the original recipe!
Put each frosting in a pastry bag (or a Ziploc bag) and combine into one large pastry bag to use the star tip. Making sure all three frosting bags were distributed through the star tip was the hardest part, but made for a fantastic camo cupcake!!
These can be made for a hunter in your family, a Duck dynasty premiere, OR you just want a fancy new cupcake! Enjoy!