4 medium-sized bell peppers
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
Small onion, diced
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 - 15.25 oz. can Hunts Seasoned Tomato Sauce for Meatloaf (I couldn't find this so I substituted Hunts diced seasoned tomatoes)
1 cup instant rice
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1) Cut off tops off peppers and remove seeds and insides of peppers. Blanch peppers in salted boiled water for 5 minutes, remove and drain.
2) Sauté onions in vegetable oil until translucent. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
3) In a large bowl, combine ground beef, sautéed onions and garlic, Seasoned Tomato Sauce for Meatloaf, white rice, salt and pepper. Mix until combined. Note: you do not need to brown the meat or cook the rice before combining with other ingredients, it cooks long enough in the oven.
4) Stuff mixtures to each pepper and place upright in a small greased baking dish. Pour small can of tomato sauce over the peppers.
5) Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until cooked through.
Serve and enjoy!
Before cooking the peppers:
After cooking, ready to be served:
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad