Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Black Bean Chicken

Occasionally I do make something that doesn't contain sugar and cream cheese frosting...but only occasionally! :)  Unfortunately I don't have a picture of this meal but that's okay, you'll get the picture with just the recipe.  I found this recipe on SparkRecipes and absolutely love it for a few reasons 1)It is a crockpot meal, 2) It has FOUR ingredients and 3)you can eat it several different ways!

Ingredients
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken
2 cans of Black Beans
1 jar of salsa (16 oz)
1/2 cup of uncooked brown rice

Steps
1. Place uncooked chicken in crockpot
2. Pour black beans (undrained), salsa, and uncooked rice on top of chicken.
3. Cook on low for 8-10 hours and serve.

Ideas of how to eat this delicious meal
* As is, delicious!
* Topped with a little shredded cheese.
* In a tortilla.

I hope you enjoy this meal, you can also freeze it and heat it up later!  Did I mention because it is a crockpot meal you come home to an AMAZING smelling house?!  Also, I challenge you to share some of your favorite go-to recipes with me, always looking for something new to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment