Wednesday, September 24, 2014

It's Fall Y'all

We welcomed the first day of fall this week and that means cooler weather, football, boots, and of course PUMPKIN! I love fall! So tonight I'm writing this entry with an Autumn Harvest candle burning and a delicious fall recipe to share. If you look back at past entries (and I'm sure there will be more in the future) you know that I love pumpkin - pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin stuffed shells, pumpkin beer, and of course pumpkin cupcakes!

In anticipation of fall I started searching Pinterest weeks ago for some new pumpkin recipes and stumbled across this Pumpkin-Sausage Pasta recipe, some of my favorite things in one recipe how could I not try it?! I have  to say, this recipe is so simple to make and will definitely be repeated lots this fall. Okay, I've rambled enough about my love for fall and my love for this new dish let me get to the recipe!  Enjoy!!

Pumpkin-Sausage Pasta (originally from Mix and Match Mama)

Ingredients
1 pound pasta (I used whole wheat penne)
1 pound sausage (I used pork but you can use chicken or turkey-will try with turkey next time)
3 garlic cloves, chopped (I used 1 1/2 tsp of minced garlic)
1 onion, chopped (make this easy on yourself and get the pre-chopped onion)
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling, I used canned Libby's pumpkin)
Freshly Grated Parmesan cheese
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste (I actually didn't add either of these, don't think it needed it)

Steps
1. Bring one large pot of water to a boil for pasta. Cook pasta until cooked completely.
2. In another large skillet, heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown and crumble the sausage.
3. After sausage has browned, add in onion and garlic and sauté 4-5 minutes.
4. Once sausage and onion mixture is sautéed add in chicken broth, lower heat to low and let chicken broth simmer 2-3 minutes.
5. Stir in pumpkin and heat through about 3 minutes.
6. Drain your pasta and add to the sausage pan.
7. Stir in cheese and enjoy!!

Happy Fall Y'all!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment