Monday, November 24, 2014

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Truffles

Have I mentioned I really love all things pumpkin? Add in cream cheese and white chocolate (and a few other ingredients) and I'm 100% certain you have my new favorite fall dessert! A few days ago, I pinned a pumpkin cream cheese cake ball recipe which connected me to this recipe for pumpkin cream cheese truffles and I decided this weekend was the perfect time to test it out. I find Pinterest to be a blessing and a curse, blessing-I find so many new recipes to try, curse- finding the time to make all of these new recipes. Let's just say, this recipe was a hit and I'm officially obsessed!

I suggest making this recipe a day before you need it, so that you are not rushed for time, it is an easy recipe but not one that can be done in a pinch.  The "dough" needs to set before you roll it into balls and before you dip it in the chocolate.

Ingredients
1/2 cup of white chocolate chips
1/3 cup gingersnap cookie crumbs
1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs, plus more for garnish
1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon orange zest
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of fine salt
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 cups white chocolate almond bark I used 3 cubes

Steps
1. Melt the 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips, stir often to avoiding burning.  Transfer to mixing bowl.
2. Add gingersnap crumbs, pumpkin, graham cracker crumbs, sugar, zest, cinnamon, salt and cream cheese and beat with electric mixer until smooth.
3. Cover and chill in fridge for about 2 hours or until solid enough to roll into balls.
4. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and work on rolling mixture into balls (about 1 teaspoon).  I then put the cookie sheet in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
5. Melt almond bark, at no more than 30 second intervals, stirring often until melted. Dip truffle in chocolate and place back on cookie sheet and refrigerate until completely set, about 1 hour.
6. Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs and ENJOY!


Happy Fall Baking!



No comments:

Post a Comment