One tradition we have always had growing up is that we make Stromboli while we decorate the house for Christmas! This recipe is easy to make ahead, freeze, and heat when needed!
Ingredients for Meat Mixture
1 pound ground beef
1 tablespoon fine chopped onion
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
1/8 teaspoon oregano
6 slices mozzarella cheese
This year we added pepperoni and salami slices
1. Brown beef and onion in a skillet.
2. Add tomato sauce, ketchup, Parmesan cheese, garlic and spices.
3. Cook for 20 minutes.
Ingredients for Bread Preparation
6 sub buns
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1. Mix butter, garlic powder and paprika. Split buns and spread on butter mixture.
2. Put mozzarella cheese on bun. Put pepperoni and salami slices on bun. Spread on meat mixture.
3. Wrap individually in tin foil.
4. Bake in tin foil at 350 for 15-20 minutes. If you freeze, take out a day before and bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Enjoy your Stromboli, Christmas music and get ready to decorate your home!
Another family tradition is that each year on Christmas Eve we received matching Christmas pajamas! A few years ago my mom took that special tradition and made it into something that I will always cherish - a beautiful quilt with some of our past pajamas. It is BEAUTIFUL and one of my favorite Christmas decorations to pull out each year.
There will be plenty of baking posts around the holidays but I just wanted to start off the season with some of my favorite traditions - don't forget to send me some of your holiday traditions firstname.lastname@example.org
One last photo to leave you with, this is Harrison first Christmas tree and he seems to like it!