Ingredients for the Cupcakes
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1.75 oz. (49 grams) freeze dried peaches, pulverized in a mini food processor. The original recipe suggested Archer Farms freeze dried peaches from Target but I used Sunmaid ones, probably more convenient to find! The package also helps you measure out how much is needed to make 49 grams.
3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
1/2 cup puréed fresh peach Mix 1 peach pealed, pitted, & sliced and 1 tbsp water in a food processor
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350, line cupcake tins.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside until needed. Mix buttermilk, peach purée, and vanilla. Set aside.
3. Using an electric mixer beat butter and sugar until pale (about 2 minutes). Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each egg. Mix in the pulverized peaches.
4. Mix in the flour mixture in 3 segments, alternating with two batches of the buttermilk mixture, ending with the flour mixture.
5. Scoop into cupcake tins and bake until golden, 21 - 24 minutes. Let cool in the tin for 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
Ingredients for Peach Cream Cheese Frosting
1 cup butter, softened
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1.75 oz. (49 grams) freeze dried peaches
1 teaspoon vanilla
3-5 cups of confectioners sugar
Steps for frosting
1. Beat butter until softened.
2. Mix in cream cheese and beat together.
3. Add vanilla extract and mix together.
4. Add pulverized peaches and mix.
5. Add 3 cups of sugar to the mixture, add more if necessary until it is creamy and spreadable.
6. Frost cupcakes! I added a fresh peach slice to top off the cupcake. Enjoy!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad