I recently went to my first Pampered Chef party and for those of you who know me I know you are shocked that it was my first Pampered Chef party! I ordered the round baker which can serve as a crockpot for your microwave! Last week I tried my first recipe, Mexican Chicken "Lasagna", it was fantastic! I will be working towards adapting this recipe for the oven so it is more universal for my followers but if you have been searching for a dish to use in the microwave and make a fantastic meal contact Carrie with Pampered Chef for the round baker! The thing I love about the deep covered baker is makes prepping your meal very easy and the cook time is so quick! On to the recipe, if you have the regular deep covered baker please double the following. This recipe was provided from Pampered Chef.
1/8 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
1 cup (4 oz) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
1/2 can (14 oz) enchilada sauce
1.5 cups diced cooked chicken
1/2 package (4 oz) cream cheese
1/3 chopped onion
6 corn tortillas
Additional chopped fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
1. Cook the chicken on the stove top with a little bit of olive oil until cooked through, dice, and set aside ready for assembly.
2. Chop cilantro leaves. Place cream cheese in a bowl and microwave for 30-45 seconds, enough to soften it. Add cilantro and 1/2 cup of the Monterrey Jack cheese. Mix well.
3. Chop onion and set aside.
4. Spread 1/3 cup of Enchilada sauce on the bottom of the baker and the rest into a mixing bowl.
5. Assemble the lasagna, dip two tortillas into the enchilada sauce in the mixing bowl, line on the bottom of the baker, scoop half of the cream cheese mixture over the tortillas and spread evenly. Top with 1/2 cup of chicken and 1/3 of the onion. Repeat layers one time. Dip the remaining tortillas in the sauce, arrange over the second layer. Top with the remaining chicken and onion. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the lasagna and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
6. Microwave, covered, for 6-8 minutes.
This yields 4 servings and has 390 Calories per serving!!
Enjoy this twist on Mexican night!