Ingredients for Cake
2 cups Coca-Cola (do not use diet)
1 cup dark unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
2. In a small saucepan, heat the Coca-Cola, cocoa powder, and butter over medium heat until the butter is melted. Add both sugar and the brown sugar and whisk until dissolved. Remove from the heat and let cool.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together.
4. In a small bowl whisk the eggs until just beaten, then whisk them into the cooled cocoa mixture until combined. Batter might be lumpy, that is okay, don't overbeat.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. Cool completely.
Ingredients for Frosting
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
4 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Maraschino cherries for topping
Steps for Frosting
1. Beat whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until peaks begin to form.
2. Choose your icing tip, I used the round tip for these cupcakes.
3. Top with a cherry and enjoy!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad