Sunday, April 14, 2013

Bunny Cake

An Easter tradition, a bunny cake! This year I was joining friends and family for Easter lunch so there was no problem eating all of the bunny cake! Typically I make a coconut bunny cake but this year I opted for carrot cake. My mom's carrot cake recipe!

This cake is very easy to make, you make 2 round cakes and cut one of them for the ears and bowtie! Simply take one round cake and cut out a curved portion for the ear, lay it over the opposite side of the cake and cut exactly along it, now the leftover center makes your bowtie. I arrange everything on a covered baking sheet and begin frosting. Set aside some frosting to color pink. I put a layer of frosting over the entire cake, then frost the entire bowtie with pink frosting. For the ears I used my icing tool that I use with my cupcakes and it made it ten times easier than ever before, mom was amazed! Ha. I used the round tip and quickly added a dab of pink in the center of each ear! For the whiskers I use one licorice twizzlers sliced to make several whiskers. I typically use jelly beans for the eyes and nose but this year used mini Cadbury eggs. On to the recipe!

Carrot Cake
Ingredients
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup oil
4 eggs
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3 cups finely grated carrots
Directions
1. Sift and mix dry ingredients.
2. Add oil and stir well.
3. Add eggs one at a time.
4. Add carrots and cinnamon.
Split into two round 8 inch pans.
Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
Cool completely before frosting.
Frosting
Ingredients
8 ounces cream cheese
1 stick butter
1 box (1lb) confectioner's sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla

Directions
1. Soften cream cheese and butter and mix together.
2. Add confectioner's sugar and vanilla and beat well.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment