Sunday, April 14, 2013

Smoothies

A new obsession, a slightly healthy one. Smoothies! My cousin, Robin, graciously shared this recipe with our family and those of us that have tried it have made it part of our daily routine! It is easy to make, delicious, and gives you an energy boost! Trust me, it is delicious, give it a try (I say this because I was a little reluctant myself to try it the first time).

Green Machine Smoothie
3/4 glass of Almond Milk
A couple of ice cubes (optional)
A large handful of Spinach (or Kale)
1/4 cucumber peeled, more if you'd like
1/4 avocado, more if you'd like
1/2 pear peeled (this is your sweetener) I typically add banana and/or peeled apple

You can also add blueberries if you'd like. Really, you can make it your own by the fruit you add!

Blend on high until creamy.

I have adapted this to make just about 1 smoothie.






Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
Smoothies are just so easy to make in the morning and usually hold me over to lunch so I've gone to Pinterest and now have a collection of recipes to try! Here is one that I've tried and love!
Banana
1 tablespoon peanut butter
3/4 cup milk (I use Almond Milk)
A couple of ice cubes

Blend on high until creamy!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment