Sunday, April 14, 2013

Strawberry Jello Cake

I believe I've posted this recipe before but this time I made it for Valentine's Day in the shape of a heart, my mom did this while I was growing up and figured I would do it for my friends this year too! Again, this is one of my mom's recipes. Also, the cake seems to sink in the middle, but that is okay, and still just as tasty!

Ingredients
1 box white cake mix
1 cup oil
4 eggs
5 ounces frozen strawberries
3 ounces strawberry jello

Steps
1. Stir oil in cake mix.
2. Lightly beat the eggs and add to the cake mix.
3. Stir in 5 ounces of strawberries.
4. Mix in jello.
5. Pour into 2 cake pans.
6. Bake 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees.
7. Cool completely and frost with the Strawberry Frosting.

Ingredients for Strawberry Frosting
1 pound powdered sugar
1/4 pound butter, softened
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
5 ounces strawberries
3-4 tablespoons strawberry juice, from frozen strawberries

Steps
1. Beat powdered sugar and butter together.
2. Add salt and vanilla and strawberry juice.
3. Add drained strawberries.
4. Frost cooled cake.

One thing I love about this cake and frosting is you don't need to use any food coloring to get the perfect pink shade!

Of course these can easily be made into cupcakes, as seen here.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment