Ingredients for Crust
12 ounce box vanilla wafers, crushed
6 tablespoons butter, melted
Steps for the Crust
1. Mix crushed vanilla wafers and butter and press into 10 inch spring loaded pan.
2. Cover bottom and at least half the sides.
Ingredients for Filling
40 ounces cream cheese
1 3/4 cups sugar
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 large eggs
3/4 cup heavy cream
Steps for Filling
1. In a large mixing bowl cream the cream cheese.
2. Mix in sugar, flour, salt, lemon peel, and vanilla. Beat well.
3. Add in eggs, 1 at a time, beat after each egg.
4. Blend in the heavy cream.
5. Pour into the crust.
6. Bake at 500 for 10 minutes. The top of the cheesecake may get brown but as long as it is not burning that is fine.
7. Then bake at 225 for 70-80 minutes.
8. The filling will almost set. Let it cool to room temperature and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
9. Run knife around the edge of the pan before releasing the spring.
10. You can top it with whip cream, strawberries, or a jelly of your choice.
11. Enjoy! For a Christmas treat, a birthday cake alternative, or just a random dessert!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad