1/3 cup pine nuts
1 pound spinach penne (I actually used rotini for this recipe)
1 1/2 pound baby spinach
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread the pine nuts on a rimmed baking sheet; toast in oven, toss occasionally, 6-8 minutes. Set aside.
2. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta according to the package directions. During the last two minutes of cooking, add the fresh spinach and continue cooking. Drain and then return the pasta and spinach to the pot.
3. Add the olive oil, season generously with salt & pepper and toss well.
4. Serve immediately, topped with ricotta, pine nuts, and Parmesan.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad